Monday, January 23, 2012

Week 3 EOC: My Demographics


“One thing that all of the Millennials have in common is their utter fluency and comfort with digital technology. They don’t just embrace technology; it’s a way of life. The Millennials were the first generation to grow up in a world filled with computers, cellphones, satellite TV, iPods, and online social networks.” Marketing: An Introduction for Education Management Corporation, 10th Edition. Armstrong/Kotler. Page 74. Being a millennial myself, I have to admit that from a very young age, I found myself sometimes explaining to my parents how a computer program worked back in the 90s. From audio to video programs, I profoundly explained every single detail to my parents in order for them to fully enjoy the wonders of technology. I was raised on technology and in some way did embrace it to my advantage. The whole social network phenomena did however intimidate me at first, but with time, it truly helped me in my social and professional skills. I can fully embrace the millennial demographic without any shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment