Monday, January 9, 2012

Week 1 EOC: My Voice

What we see is what we hear, and what we hear is what we see. With this in mind, as an aspiring and practicing Audio professional, I have made into my objective to entangle the listener into the full effect sound has on the human brain and senses. Inspired to become a musician at the young age of 10 by my father, who I owe everything I am today to, I have been seeking a career in the audio field. First starting off as a drummer for a small church in the big Mexican city of Ciudad Juarez, then becoming a recurring stagehand for my father’s band, and finally a Front of House Engineer around bars in the same south-of-the-border city, sound has captivated me to the feelings it can create in the human mind that no other sense of the human body can achieve. With goals in mind to produce and engineer albums for recording artists, to become the preferred Front of House Engineer for many performing artists around the world, and to explore the magic sound designing for films has to offer I find out that through discipline, organization, and arduous work, I can achieve these goals and dreams. I have been passionate about sound ever since I first picked up a drumstick and played my first beat in that old and rackety drum set of mine a decade ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment